Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

Dogs, Color Wheels, and a fun jewelry idea!!





 I hope all of the moms out there had a Happy Mother's Day!!! This little guy was my very special Mother's Day gift from my family! His name is Chico because he's very small. He's an "otter" colored Netherland Dwarf and will be making a visit to the art room soon I'm sure!

Ok this is a super fun EASY project that my friend did that is so cool!! 
1. glue 25 pieces of colored construction paper together
2. let dry over night
3. sand the front and the back until all the layers are visible
4. squeeze the silver clip to poke a hole and secure onto the top. 
5. paint with clear nail polish
They look really really cool finished! 




My fourth graders have been learning to use proportion and measuring to create these fabulous dog paintings original lesson HERE




We call this wet on wet watercolor background technique "Galaxy"





 1st-3rd grade is creating these "Creative Color Wheels" We are learning primary vs Secondary colors and mixing our own green, purple, and orange. Then students turn them into something creative like ice cream, Emojis, fish, lady bugs, eyeballs, etc!


Total Pageviews