Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Figure Drawing with Army men

edit6

Since we have been working on drawing the face for our self portrait rainbow mural, I thought I would teach them how to make the body. I wanted them to observe how the arms and legs bend because of knees and elbows. I did this with first,second, and third grade.

edit1

This was the little guide we used. I told them to look at all the details of their little man.

edit7

They outlined it with green Crayola markers and painted with water

edit4

The older kids had to draw two figures in the foreground and background and overlap them.

edit5

They could draw camouflage or an American flag in the background with chalk pastels

edit2

edit3

edit8 edit6

edit2

edit3 edit5

edit8

9 comments:

  1. i like it - a different approach to figure drawing! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, that you used the little army dudes. I bet the kids loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun....now I have to go find some little army men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings back memories of my younger brother, who was obsessed with little green army men for what seemed like years! What a clever way to use them. I love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a class of almost entirely boys. This would be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed none of the army men in the drawings are holding guns. Was that an issue at your school? How did you approach this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed none of the army men in the drawings are holding guns. Was that an issue at your school? How did you approach this?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews